11:00 Minutes or Faster... Can You Do That?

Hey All! I am oh so very glad that I had the day off yesterday.  My body was extremely sore (boo), but today I had reset and was ready to go! Today's run was a lot better than Tuesday's and I am thankful that I was able to complete the 2 mile portion of the run in a quicker time than the last two times a ran :) In fact, I ran the first 2 miles in 21:50.  That's less than an 11:00 minute mile! Okay...okay... it's pretty close to 11:00 minutes, but still, I am proud of it!

Can you believe the weather today!? When I was driving home from work my car said 92 degrees! I am very excited that it is really starting to warm up because I would like to start running outside instead of on the treadmill (though if it stays this warm, I might have to work out inside anyway).  My next mission is to find the shoe reader for my Nike+ thingy-ma-jig.  It will be nice to be able to track how far I ran and how long it took (and I think my average speed) and have the luxury of not being stuck on a treadmill.  Maybe when I am done here I will go look for the shoe reader... just maybe. 

Last night was a Weight Watchers night, and I have to say I was a little disappointed with how I did.  I worked out 3 times since my last weigh in and I ate extremely healthy the entire week's time, but I still gained weight.  They are attributing it to muscle gain (which I am okay with) and the amount I gained really wasn't all that significant... Seriously... 1/2 lb.  It's really not that huge of a deal.  BUT when you work your rear end off (quite literally) at the gym and are diligent on your food, any gain is disappointing.  So my starting weight for the 1/2 marathon training is 170.8 lbs.  

This past month I have been going NUTS on Pinterest (www.pinterest.com) and have been pinning all kinds of workout sayings and pictures and it has really inspired me to continue running even though I am exhausted.  My favorite picture so far that I have found is this: 

This can be found at http://tayloredtraining.ca
 It actually is the background on my phone along with a picture of a pair of Addidas Sambas.  My husband told me that when I lose 10lbs he will buy me a pair of Sambas, and that has also motivated the heck out of me.  I've wanted a pair for a long time and actually had a pair last summer, but they were stolen out of my car (jerks) and I haven't had the extra money to get them since.  So when I hit my goal, I will make sure to post a nice picture of me in my new shoes.

Well, I gotta get ready to go visit with a friend! She's cooking me a healthy dinner and I'm super looking forward to it! Here are my notes for today:

Distance: 2.5 Miles
Time: 27:57
Average Speed: 5.3
Winded (Scale 1-10): 5
Any Painful Spots: Right foot on the outside (I think it's an old injury surfacing again), Right Rib Cage and Right Shoulder at the Collar Bone
Song of Choice: there are two today: "We Speak No Americano" by Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP & "Sun of a Gun" by Oh Land.  Both songs were great for when I was going a faster speed and they keep me motivated to keep going.
Time of Day: 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday Weigh In: 170.8 pounds

Additional Notes: I spent some time lifting weights today after I ran.  It felt good to be mixing it up a bit and my body seemed relieved.  I have also noticed a huge difference in my flexibility in the last week.  Since I started on Sunday, I have been able to reach 1" further in a sit & reach than I was on Sunday.  That's always exciting to see, especially since I am not the most flexible person.

Well, thanks for checking in and I hope you're able to enjoy this beautiful sunshine! I know I am!

Over and Out.

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a