Ice...Ice....Baby

Boy I am ever in pain today... Today's run was not too long and I decided to continue with the interval running.  I actually was able to shave off a minute from my 2 mile time and I am rather proud of that.  However, about 1.5 mile into the run my shins started to really ache... and I mean REALLY ache.  By the time I had finished my run, I was in so much pain that walking was difficult.  What a bust.  I've been working so hard and haven't had any major pain yet and here I am sitting with a huge pack of ice on both of my shins.

I am rather disappointed that I am getting these so early in the training.  I understand that this will happen as a result of such an increase of exercise and I need to just be patient with my body as it adjusts to all of the changes.  Here is what the shin splint looks like, though the picture really don't do any justice to how painful it really is. 

So I am experiencing a TON of pain in the red spot you see in the picture.  Yay... 

Anyway, I will be doing TONS and TONS of icing for the next few weeks and hopefully that will kick the pain I'm experiencing. 

Here are my notes for today:
Distance: 2 miles
Time: 21:27
Average Speed: 5.6
Calories Burned: 257.6
Winded (scale 1-10): 5
Time of Day: 2:30pm
Any Painful Spots: SHINS for sure.  And right rib cage again.
Song of Choice: None today :( I forgot my headphones in the car and was too lazy to go back out to the car haha

Additional Notes: I am really hoping that I can shake this pain by my next run on Thursday.  Fingers crossed.

Anyway! Thanks for checking in and I look forward to "seeing" you on Thursday!

Over and Out.

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a