It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Hey All! What a beautiful day it was today! It was the perfect weather to be outside and running.  It made me even more excited to get out and run.  Here's a little picture just for fun :)

So today's post is going to be a little different from the other ones.  Per the suggestion of the trainer at the gym, I did my run outside and not on cement to help lessen some of the strain on my shins and knees. 

Much to my delight a friend of mine came along for the run today and it was VERY nice to have the company.  We ran/walked the three miles and the time definitely went by more quickly.  The only bad thing is my shins continued to ache today even with the running outside.   They didn't hurt nearly as bad as the other day but they were still rather painful when I was done.  I am really hoping that I can shake this pain in the next few weeks because it is really putting a damper on things. 

This Saturday I am running a 5k race with my in-laws and my husband and I am pretty excited! Saturday is actually my birthday as well, so as a present to myself I am running the race.  I know right? Who does that for their birthday?? Well I do.  There is nothing more exhilarating than running a race with a couple hundred people and I have to say that I always run better when I feel the need to compete with them.  Plus, the race I chose benefits the local city's library.  What better way to use your time and money than running a race that benefits others?
  
Well, here are my notes for today.  The times and speeds are just my best calculations seeing as I couldn't actually record them as I can on a treadmill. 

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 35 minutes
Average Speed: I am guessing 4.5 mph.  
Calories Burned: No Clue! haha
Winded (scale 1-10): 3 
Any Painful Spots: My shins and right knee :(
Time of Day: 4:30pm
Song of Choice: No song today!

Additional Notes: I will have to note that I did not push myself nearly has hard as I could have, but I am trying to save my energy for Saturday's race and I didn't want to make my shins any worse.

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a