Makes Your Toes Tingle

Hey everyone! So I clearly missed my 2 mile run yesterday, but I am totally okay with that because I definitely was exhausted from everything yesterday.  For today's run I had to go 3 miles and it was rough.  I've decided from here on out to try to do the running outside.  It will be more realistic for when I actually run the 1/2 Marathon in September.  

When I ran outside today, it was around 65 degrees and the weather could not have been any more perfect.  The sun was setting and there was tons of pretty cloud in the sky.  It's days like today that I am so grateful that I have the ability to run and be outside.

I used the map.my.run app again today and I think this thing is going to be my new best friend.  I had a general idea of how far I would have to go for the 3 miles I needed to run, but it turns out what I thought was 3 miles was actually 2.5! So I am glad that I was able to get the full 3 miles in with the app.

Today's run was not all that great.  The shin splints are not getting any worse but they are definitely not getting any better.  About 2.5 miles into the run I lost almost all feeling in my right foot.  It's possible that I just tied my shoe too tight, but I am not 100% sure.  Tomorrow I am going to go to the running store and ask them what I need to do to help with the shin splints, and if they don't have any good advice, I will be headed to the doctor sometime in the next few weeks.

Anyway, I am exhausted so here are my stats for today:
Distance: 3 miles
Time: 35:10
Calories Burned: 349
Average Speed: 5mph
Winded (1-10): 5
Any Painful Spots: my right shin was exceptionally bad and my right rib cage
Time of Day: 8pm
Wednesday Weigh In: I stayed exactly the same which is good considering I had SO much cake last weekend.

Additional Notes: I have a 5 mile run on Saturday that I am not 100% sure I will be able to complete.  We shall see.

Well I am off to ice my shins and relax!

Over and Out.

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a