Thankful Today!

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!
I would first like to say thank you to all of the men and women that have died for our freedom and continue to fight for it.  It is because of you that we are free and have freedom and I am forever grateful.  So thank you very very much!

So as you can see this last week really hasn't been my week.  Unfortunately, I am still not over this cold and am constantly fighting the need to cough.  Ew.  I will be calling my doctors office tomorrow to see exactly what is going on.  I am just praying that I can kick it in a few days.

This weekend has been super relaxing and I have been able to get some of the MUCH needed sleep that I lacked last week.  On Saturday my Husband and I slept in a just relaxed for the majority of the day, then headed out to my parents house for a birthday dinner celebration for my mom.  We went to Outback Steakhouse and I had their Teriyaki Steak Medallions and they were pretty delicious.  However, I honestly think that I would have been better off eating the fish.  A few months back my husband and I started slowly cutting beef out of our diets and it is rather amazing how quickly your body can change.  It is amazing how differently my body responds to red meat than white meat.  I definitely need to stay away from it from now on.  
 
Sunday we ended up spending time with my parents again with an impromptu visit to the shooting range at my parents church.  I have only shot guns once in my lifetime, but decided that I should probably try to go shooting with my husband since he is seriously talking about buying a gun.  It's always better to be prepared, right? Here are a few pictures of everyone at the gun range.  
 
 


It was pretty awesome to shoot the guns but I am TERRIBLE! haha I think I hit the target 4 times out of 30 shots.  Oh well, right? I don't have to be perfect at everything! 

So anyway, back to my running! I am supposed to run tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.  Tomorrow-Thursday I am supposed to run 3 miles and Saturday is 7! Holy Canoli! I haven't been able to do many long runs because of being sick or busy, so we shall see what happens when I attempt to run the 7 miles on Saturday.  All I know is that it will be a very slow 7 miles, but that is okay! 

Last week I didn't do a picture of me because I really wasn't feeling 100% so I decided to just pass on the picture, but I have one for today! Here it is:
As you can see, I got a little bit burned while I was out at the beach today! I love it though.  There is nothing more rejuvenating than getting some good ol' vitamin D.  I couldn't find my black shorts today so I wore the exact same shorts, just in a different color.  Obviously because I haven't really been able to run, there really isn't any change in my body (except for the sunburn haha) but that is okay.  Change doesn't happen overnight, so hopefully we shall see some change starting soon!

On Wednesday I have a fitting for my bridesmaid dress for the wedding I am in in July.  I haven't tried on the dress since I got it last month but since I haven't gained any weight, I can't imagine that the dress won't fit.  Maybe just to be safe, I will try it on tonight before I head off to bed.

Well it's been a long day and the sun really drains the energy out of you.  

Again, thank you to all of the men and women that are fighting for our country!

Over and Out.
 

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a