Adoption Update Part II

Hello!

I'm sorry for my lack of updates on the adoption story.  Life has been rather hectic and it has been somewhat put on the back burner, until a few weeks ago.  My mom has some friends that live in Massachusetts, so she decided to give them a call to see if they can dig up any information for me.  And what they found was surprising.

Lorraine, my mom's friend, was able to contact someone with some information regarding the last known location of my birth parents and it turns out that they are still living in Massachsetts and from what I can tell, they eventually got married!


It's such a weird feeling to know that my birth parents ended up getting married after all.  The picture I posted has the blue bars on it because I have blocked out the phone number and address. 

So what does this mean? Well, it means that I have an address and phone number of where my birth parents can potentially be reached.  Really, the next step would be for me to either write them a letter or give them a call to tell them that I am out there and I am looking for them.  But that is not what I am going to do.

I want to wait until Thanksgiving and Christmas are over.  The last thing I need to do is try to contact them and have them reject me during the holidays and forever associate that rejection with Thanksgiving or Christmas.  Plus, I do not think it would be fair for me to spring such a big thing on them right before the holidays.

So the plan for now is to just wait.  Wait for the new year, and wait until I am 100% sure I want to talk to them.  

3 comments

  1. Hello! I don't know how, but I've just discovered your story and I wanted to encourage you if you haven't done it yet!
    I hope everything is going to be fine!
    A huge kiss from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what ended up happening?? I am curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to do a follow-up post to this don't I? Honestly, nothing has happened unfortunately

      Delete

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a