Renaissance Festival Fun!

Hi There! I'm still playing catch up from my surgery, so this event happened a while ago, but it was so fun that I had to share it with you all!

Last year, my friends and I started a tradition of going to the Renaissance Festival.  I had never been but I was instantly hooked last year and greatly looked forward to it this year.  I even went so far as to make my very own costume! 

Now, I am not an expert on sewing so taking on this conquest of a costume was slightly overwhelming for me {especially since I only had a week} but I am very happy with the results.


I used the pattern M6376 from McCall's.  This pattern was one with a few variations, so I was able to pick from a few different options when I went to sew the costume.  I was also very excited that I could pick any different combination of colors and patterns that would fit my style.  I knew that I would want to go with a more royal look, so I knew I had to get purple.


However, the accent color was not as easy.  Because I bought all of my supplies from JoAnns I was limited to the colors that they had.  Luckily, they had a beautiful gold and white pattern that went nicely with the dark purple.


While we were at the Renaissance Festival, we made sure to do all of the fun things like see Birds of Prey, check out the pirate ship and see a few comedy shows that were all very enjoyable.  We also made sure to get our deep fried foods! I had myself a delicious twinkie and Justin had a deep fried snickers... I know right? It does not sound all that appetizing but it was delicious.


The day ended with us heading home with full bellies and sore throats from all of the laughing.  I love spending time with my friends and cannot wait to go again next year! Maybe we will even go more than once!


Question of the Day:
What kinds of traditions do you have with your friends?

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a