DIY Pumpkin Polka Dot Wall Art

Happy Wednesday Friends! Today I am going to share with you a tutorial on how to make one of the projects from my Fun Fall Decor Ideas



You can find the original concept here.


What You Need:

  • Canvas - This one is 8" x 10" but you could go larger or smaller
  • Acrylic Paint: Orange, Brown, Green, Light Green
  • Foam Paint Brushes in different sizes
  • Ribbon of your choice - I went with an orange with white polka dots
  • Pencil for sketching
  • Hot glue gun to glue the ribbons on

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step One: Draw your pumpkins on the canvas



Step Two: Paint the green in around the pumpkins.  If you paint the whole canvas green first, the pumpkins will turn out a little green rather than the orange you are hoping for.



Step Three: Paint the pumpkins orange and the stems brown.  I tried to texture my paint so it flowed with the shape of the pumpkin.  Once your green paint dries, take one of your bottles of acrylic paint and use the bottom of the bottle to make the circles on the light green paint.



Step Four: Paint your circle in with the dark green paint



Step Five: Cut your ribbons and make bows.  I cut my ribbon to about 5" in length then tied them in a knot.  Use your hot glue gun to clue the bows at the base of the pumpkin stems

And voila! You have a cute pumpkin painting for the Fall/Halloween.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question of the Day: What fun Fall tutorials have you tried this year? 

9 comments

  1. OMGoodness how cute is that! Looks like it is a quick and easy project too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this looks and sounds fun. I'll have to try it out with my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you show the steps -- you make it look really easy, even to a non-artist like me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try this with my girls. They love to draw and we love making our own wall art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like fun! I haven't painted in so long (other than the walls lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I am not crafty at all but maaaaaybe I could pull it off. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really cute craft! Looks like something fun to do with the kids on a fall day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a scrapbooker.. so I am imagining the pumpkins and dots created from scrap paper. Very cute craft! I am sure I will create something very soon based on this concept! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a