Stretchy Infinity Scarf DIY

 Happy Wednesday Readers! I hope all is going well and you are having a great week so far.  So I am embarrassed to admit that I started working on this infinity scarf last year and did not realize that I had never finished it until I was going through my craft supplies and found it in a bag.

Unfortunately for the scarf, I did not like the way it was turning out, so I ripped the whole thing apart and started from scratch.  The original pattern I followed can be found on here on Pinterest but I wasn't a huge fan of the way the pattern was working, so I modified it to meet my needs and I'm going to share it with you today! 



What You Need:
  • 2-3 (or more depending on desired length) Skeins of  Lion Brand Alpine Wool in Chili.  You can purchase them from JoAnn Fabrics or most craft stores
  • Size 14 US Knitting Needles (I used a 29" round because that is what I had on hand)
  • Darning Needle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Making the Scarf:

  • Cast on 36 stitches
  • Row 1: YO, K1 entire row
  • Row 2: YO, S1 (purl wise), K2Tog (this is the brioche stitch)
  • Repeat Row 2 until scarf is desired length.  My scarf was only about 25" when done because I did not want to double wrap it around my neck.  The scarf is rather wide so you can get away with only once around the neck, but if you would prefer a fuller look or to wear the scarf long, then knit the scarf until it is at your desired length.
  • Cast Off
  • Bind both ends of the scarf with your darning needle
  • Enjoy!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because I had never done the brioche stitch before and the pattern I was following was not clear enough for what I needed, I followed this YouTube tutorial from iknitwithcatfur.  I watched several videos, and this was the one I felt best explained and showed how to execute this stitch. 




Think this is a scarf you'd like to try but you're not too keen on using wool yarn? Just substitute it with another chunky yarn in acrylic.


Question of the Day: What color is your favorite scarf? 

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a