Where'd You Go, Bernadette?

Happy Hump Day Friends! I hope all is going well and you are having a great first half of the week and you week only continues to get better.  Today I wanted to share with you a quick review of one of my January Books {I am currently working on my 3rd book for the year) 


About the Book:

Bernadette Fox is notorious. 
To her Microsoft-guru husband, she's a fearlessly opinionated partner; to fellow private-school mothers in Seattle, she's a disgrace; to design mavens, she's a revolutionary architect, and to 15-year-old Bee, she is a best friend and, simply, Mom.

Then Bernadette disappears. It began when Bee aced her report card and claimed her promised reward: a family trip to Antarctica. But Bernadette's intensifying allergy to Seattle--and people in general--has made her so agoraphobic that a virtual assistant in India now runs her most basic errands. A trip to the end of the earth is problematic.

To find her mother, Bee compiles email messages, official documents, secret correspondence--creating a compulsively readable and touching novel about misplaced genius and a mother and daughter's role in an absurd world.




My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this book.  At first I was a bit confused about who Bernadette is and what was "wrong" with her, but once I dug more into the story, I realized that she is just a misunderstood person who is in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I had a hard time putting this book down and found myself spending several hours reading the book and not realizing how much time had actually gotten away from me.  I really appreciated that Semple took the time to do her research when referencing geographical locations and made sure the reader understood exactly where everyone was located while giving you the perfect visual.  

If you enjoy a bit of a mystery with adventure mixed in between, then this book would be a quick and enjoyable read for you. 

Other Responses to the Book:

Think You Want to Read the Book too? 


Question of the Day:
What good book have you read recently? 



I'd love to hear from you!







1 comment

  1. Funny story about this book: I'm in a book club with 2 coworkers, one is a 40-ish woman and the other a 50-ish man. The man chose this book for his week to choose and ended up disliking it, and both me and the other woman loved it :) interesting story!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a