At My House Survey

Happy Thursday Friends! I have seen this survey floating around on a few different websites and thought it would be fun to participate and to see what some of your responses would be as well. 

I really love participating in these types of surveys because they are fun and lighthearted.  Plus, you can learn a lot about a person with a survey like this.

Okay, here we go!

At My House Survey:

Household chore I actually enjoy:  Hmmm, a chore I enjoy? I think I would have to say decluttering the house.  I love going through things and organizing them and making the space more efficient. Probably my favorite thing is to go through the mail and shred the pieces we no longer need.  When I asked Justin what he thought my favorite chore is, he responded with vacuuming.  Funny that we both have very different opinions of what I actually enjoy.

Biggest house disaster: This one is a no-brainer: The Guest Bedroom.  For some reason, this space seems to be our catch all for all of the stuff we do not need.  Every few months, we take the time to organize the space and try to make it more functional, but we quickly fall into the routine of, "Just through it in the guest bedroom, we will take care of it later".  Whoops haha

Before company arrives, I hide: There are a few things I would say I hide - 1) any miscellaneous papers around the house {we really are horrible at putting them away} and 2) Our shoes.  There is a place for our shoes, but they seem to always end up in the middle of the hallway.

Most recent music download: I went through a kick and downloaded a bunch of music from the early 2000's: think Avril Lavigne, Simple Plan, All American Rejects... Talk about re-living my middle school/high school days.  

The last thing I bought online: This Lego Set for Justin as a Valentine's Day gift.  He is super excited that Lego has been coming out with more super-hero themed Legos than when he was a kid and it makes him super happy when I buy him the sets.  


I hate to shop for: Pants.  I seriously hate shopping for pants for myself.  I'm a curvy girl, with a wider waist, and I'm short {think 29" inseam} so it really becomes difficult to buy pants.  

Favorite family ritual: I love when Justin and I spend time watching t.v. together.  I know it sounds a bit lame, but I love when we cuddle up on the couch and the cats join us and we just watch t.v. - it brings happiness to my soul.

I sleep in: Capris and a t-shirt usually.  Depends on how warm it is out, but I definitely prefer capris to shorts/pants.

I have style crush on: I am in love with Shaeffer's Styel from Pinterest Told Me To.  Seriously.  It is everything I dream my style to be, but alas, it is not.  Someday... maybe. 

Link to Photo


I’m currently reading: Anger: Wisdom for Cooling the Flames by Thich Nhat Hanh.  This book has been pretty awesome so far and I've been taking a ton away from it.  I mean, I actually have a page of notes quoting sentences in the book.  Once I finish reading the book, I will make sure to share my reaction with you all.

What’s up with the body shaming trend? I have seen SO many posts on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter about how everyone should love their bodies and on almost every.single.post. I see people shaming them.  It drives me crazy how people are so quick to judge someone for being too skinny or too fat.  I definitely live the by "live and let live" standard.  I do not know your back story so I have no room to judge you one way or the other.

How did I ever live without… My cell phone.  I hate to admit how much time I actually spend on my cell phone.  I considered giving it up for Lent, but then I realized that I may not make it! Haha


Question of the Day:
What is the one chore you actually enjoy doing?


I'd love to hear from you!









Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a