Show and Tell Tuesdays: My Favorite Vacation

Before I get started today, I wanted to wish my mom a very happy birthday! I cannot wait to see you tomorrow and celebrate with the family next week!



Happy Tuesday Friends! I hope all is well and you are having a great day so far! Today I am teaming up with Andrea for another fun round of Show and Tell Tuesdays.  



My Favorite Vacation

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

I am super excited about this post because I love to travel! Honestly, I thought about the last 10 years and it was hard to choose between some of the amazing trips I have been on.  Between Italy/France, Jamaica and Uruguay/Argentina it was hard to choose.  However, at the end of the day, Uruguay is the trip with some of the more funny memories.




Our Uruguay trip kind of came about by chance.  Sarah's parents were moving down to Montevideo for six weeks and Sarah had planned to go down.  So of course Christina and I both volunteered to go down and thankfully Sarah's parents were okay with us visiting!

The first few days of our trip were spent in Montevideo.  During our stay there, we went to Tango Dancing, visited a 100 year old bar and tried some awesome beer, and went on a winery tour. 


Baar Fun Fun was such an awesome night.  We enjoyed some delicious bar food, had a few different drinks and got to check out some local dancers and singers.  I took some awesome videos while I was there and wish I could share them with you all.  Maybe if I get some time, I will upload them into YouTube.  


The next day, we all made our way for a tour of a local winery.  I had never been on a winery tour, so I was very excited.  While we were there enjoyed a delicious wine tasting and they gave us foods to pair with each wine.  What a lovely afternoon!




The next day, we hopped onto the Buquebus and made our way from  Mondevideo to Buenos Aires.  It kind of felt like we were going ona  mini river cruise and we got to enjoy champagne and snacks while were were travelling across the river.  After arriving in Buenos Aires, we made our way to the hotel before heading out for a fun afternoon/evening.  

To start our afternoon, we went to the Cementerio de la Recoleta so we could see the burial site of Eva Peron.  Honestly, I was not sure what to expect once we got in there, but I was in awe of the beautiful crypts and the beautiful trees throughout the gardens.  After the cemetery we made our way to another part of the city to check out the biggest book store in Buenos Aires.  This store was amazing! It was a opera house that was converted into a book store and there were books everywhere! I could have shopped there for hours.

After the book store, we made our way to La Bomba de Tiempo at the Konex Complex.  This place was filled with a ton of people and it was fun to just listen to the music and drink some beer.  We also met some girls from Germany and England while we were there.





The next morning, we made our way to the airport to head out to Iguazu Falls.  If you are ever in the Southern part of South America, I would highly recommend taking time to go to Iguazu Falls.  We spent a total of two days there and it didn't feel like enough time! While we were there, we jam packed as much as we could into the brief stay and made sure to see every area of the falls we could possibly see.

And honestly, the pictures do not do it justice.

After Iguazu, we made our way back to Buenos Aires and spent some time shopping and relaxing before making our way back to Montevideo. 





Once we got back to Montevideo, us girls took some time to wash some clothes and pack up for the next leg of our journey.  The plan was to go to Punta del Este for a few days then make our way up the coast to Cabo Polonio.

Once we made it to Punta del Este, we checked into our hostel for the night then found a local bar to grab a bite to eat.  While we were there, we talked to our waitress and mentioned that we wanted to go surfing.  Well apparently her boyfriend knew someone that teaching surfing and she connected us with Santiago.  Thankfully, Santiago made plans with us to go surfing and it was so much fun! I hope to go again sometime soon.




For the next part of the trip, we visit El Mano.  This sculpture is pretty awesome and it was amazing to be able to sit on the thumb and take some awesome pictures.  While we were there, there was this girl just climbing over every finger.  It was wild to watch! But I bet her pictures were absolutely amazing.

After packing up our stuff and heading on our way, we attempted to drive up to Cabo Polonio, but we never made it.  Apparently the road we were attempting to use ended into some sort of water inlet.  But either way, the drive was so much fun and we went on the road trip of a lifetime.

The drive back to Montevideo was absolutely gorgeous! Every where we looked, there was beautiful sunset and beautiful scenery.  Honestly, the best way to see a country is to just drive around.  You will be surprised at what you can learn.


The last day in Montevideo, we went into the town to shop around before heading back to the airport and heading home.  

Such an amazing trip. I firmly believe I left a piece of myself in Uruguay.
*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

Well that is all for today's post!

Next up on Show and Tell Tuesdays.....

What's in my bag?



Question of the Day: What would your Talk Show be like?

I'd love to hear from you!

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a