Weekend Highs & Lows #48

Hello everyone!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend filled with fun and exciting adventures  


Happy Tuesday friends! Sorry I missed a post yesterday! I was flying home from California after running the Disneyland 10k & 1/2 Marathon.  This weekend was crazy busy, but it was so much fun! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Highs:

I spend the entire weekend in California and I ran a 10k and a 1/2 marathon! This weekend was so much fun and I am so glad that I went.

On Thursday we flew into California and made our way to Malibu for lunch.  It was so nice to just sit by the ocean and enjoy some fresh fish.  After lunch, we made our way back to the house before running to the grocery store for food for the house.

Friday morning, Christina and I made our way to the LuLaRoe Factory to check out how they do their shipping and to see how they run their business.  It was so cool to see how they run everything and have someone show us how things are done.

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early and made our way to Disneyland for the 10k race! It was a super early wake up call, but we all finished the race in good time and enjoyed seeing the park and all of the crowds cheering us on.


For the afternoon, we went out to Huntington Beach so that we could stick our feet in the water and enjoy a lovely sunset.  I have never been to the Atlantic Ocean, so it was pretty awesome to just stick my feet in the water and it felt really great - almost healing for my sore feet.  


Sunday, we had another 3:00 a.m. wake up call to head out for our half-marathon.  This 1/2 was a little more difficult for me because after about half way the heat started to get to me and my lungs (and body in general) started giving out from the lack of water and the heat.

I am excited to say that I managed to finish the 1/2 marathon 22 minutes faster than the last race I did.  This makes me happy because it is my last 1/2 marathon for a little while due to time and the physical strain on my body.


Here are all of my metals! In order from left to right: Doctor Strange 10k, Avengers 1/2 Marathon, Infinity Gauntlet Challenge and Coast to Coast.  Aren't they neat? Now to find a way to display them!

Monday we made our way home and I crashed as soon as I got home.


Lows:
My asthma got the best of me and I am having a hard time recovering from the strain on my lungs.



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a