Awesome Belated Birthday Present!

Hey All! Sorry I didn't do a post yesterday.  I ended up having a really rough day and just decided to take the day off and relax, which turned into spending time with my best friend.  On an exciting note, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law announced that they are having a little girl in October! They originally had a plan to do a mini get together and announce it then, but they ran out of time and weren't able to plan a party, so they video chatted with everyone and this is how they announced what they were having:
My nephew is absolutely adorable, and they honestly couldn't have done it in a cuter way! I can't wait to go shopping for a little girl! Little boy stuff is cute, but little girl stuff is CUTER!

Last night after I heard the great news I headed over to my best friends house to spend some time with her and catch up.  Because I hadn't seen her in a while she gave me my birthday present a little late, but I LOVE IT! Take a look!
It's a shoe charm and a 5k charm! She said she had to look all over for them, but she finally found them on Etsy! I was super excited because I had pinned something like this on Pinterest a while back and showed her because I thought it was such a neat idea.  I can't wait to be able to add more charms to it down the road! Such a thoughtful gift of her :)

As promised on Sunday, here is my weekly picture:
Nothing too major has changed in my body in the last week.  I am starting to see a difference in my arms though, especially from the elbow to the wrist.  It's nice to start seeing my arms toning out since I've been doing a little bit of weight lifting after I run.  

I few posts ago I mentioned that I wanted to start sharing recipes with you! Last night my husband and I had White Bean Turkey Chili for dinner and it is DELICIOUS! You can find the recipe here: Delicious Chili! It is one of my husbands favorite recipes and I often find him asking me to make it for him.  What I love about this recipe is it is only 5 points for a cup of chili and it is SUPER filling.  I can get away with only having one bowl and be full for the rest of the night.  That, and it is really good as leftovers too!

Today I had a four mile run and it wasn't all that great.  For some reason, I felt extremely fatigued today while I was running and kept having to slow way down in order to be able to keep going.  I had a goal to finish the 4 miles in 45 minutes and I was over my goal by about 30 seconds.  That's not too shabby if you ask me!

While I was headed to the gym I heard a song on the radio and decided to check out more of the band's music and I fell in LOVE with another one of their songs! The band is called Imagine Dragons and the song is called "On Top of the World".  Talk about a motivating song! It's all about reaching your goals and "being on top of the world".  After having another rough day at work, it was so nice to find this song and be able to completely change my attitude about everything.

Well, this blog is getting a little hefty, so I will end with my results for today:
Distance: 4 Miles
Time: 45:23
Calories Burned: 510
Average Pace: 5.2mph
Time of Day: 3:00pm
Winded (scale 1-10): 6
Any Painful Spots: left rib cage and right foot again.  The painful spot is getting less and less so the shoes are definitely braking in!
Song of Choice: "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons! This song ROCKS and is great for running!

Notes: I have a weigh in tomorrow and I am interested to see if I am down.  I honestly will be surprised if I am not, but I will be able to say that I worked hard this past week and that is more than good enough for me!

Thanks for checking in and have a happy hump day tomorrow!

Over and Out.

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a