Happy National Running Day!

Hey All! So today is National Running Day and I definitely did my celebrating today by heading to the gym and getting 3 miles in! If you're interested in learning more about National Running Day check out this awesome site: Check Me Out!

I wish I had known a little sooner about National Running Day because I would have taken the time to find a group and gone out with other people today.  Oh well, at least I will be prepared for next year!

On an interesting note, I got my first blister today in a spot that I've never had one before.  Here is a picture!
As you can see, the blister is on the inside of my toe.  I honestly am not sure how it happened, but it was very amusing when I noticed it.  Tomorrow when I do the run I will have to put something on it to reduce the rubbing and hopefully eliminate the blisters.  Luckily for me, the blister is not painful, so even if it does come back, I won't really notice it all that much.

Today's run was rather enjoyable.  I've been in a funky mood lately and going for a run every day has been helping me get out of my funk.  That and I got to watch HGTV while I was running on the treadmill today.  We don't have cable at our house, so it is always a treat when I get to watch HGTV or TLC. 

On a VERY exciting note, I had to weigh in today at Weight Watchers and I was down almost 2 pounds! This is so exciting because I have been kind of stuck in a rut for 2 months and today on top of losing 2 pounds I FINALLY got out of the rut.  At Weight Watchers they have little bells that they ring when something good happens and they rang the bell for me today.  It was such a satisfying feeling having them ring the bell to celebrate my weight loss!

Here are my results for today's run:
Distance: 3
Time: 34:17
Calories Burned: 377
Average Speed: 5.2
Time of Day: 2:30pm
Winded (scale 1-10): 4
Any Painful Spots: Right foot again and my hips have been bothering me a little lately
Song of Choice: "On Top of the World" Imagine Dragons (when I wasn't watching HGTV)

Anyway, it's rather late and I've got a busy day tomorrow.  Thanks for checking in!

Over and Out.



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a