I Was Bad This Weekend

Hey All.  So I was really bad this weekend and didn't do either of my scheduled runs.  For the last week I have been in a major funk and have had no desire to do anything.  As you could tell from the previous post on Thursday, I had no desire to even get my rear end to the gym.

I have to say that I am rather disappointed in myself for not at least going to the gym to work out at all, but sometimes you just have to take a break.  Yesterday Justin and I had a graduation party to go to and headed to my parents house to celebrate Father's Day with my step-dad.  The graduation party was very nice and I was able to be somewhat moderate with how much food I consumed, but I could have been better.

After the graduation party we headed to my parents house for dinner.  My mom made a delicious roast with corn and sweet potato.  I always love eating dinner at my parents house because she always cooks the best meals.  After dinner Justin and my brother went out side to shoot blow darts at a box.  Typical boy stuff right?
 
While the boys did that, mom and I headed out for a walk and we ended up going for about 3 miles.  I typically am supposed to do 3 easy miles on Sunday, so I considered that 3 miles my "easy" run for yesterday.

I originally was supposed to run 9 miles this weekend and just did not have it in me.  I think the stress of not knowing about graduate school is really wearing down on me.  The application deadline for Wayne State University was this past Friday (June 15) and I've been a nervous wreck ever since I submitted my application the week before.  I am really hoping that I can get in this time around because last time I applied my heart really was not in the application; however, I REALLY want to go back to school this fall and be working toward my master's degree 

I guess I will just have to play the "waiting game" with them until I get an answer and as soon as I know I will be sure to let everyone know on here as well!

I will leave you with this picture! We always try to have a good time together :)

Have a great week everyone and I will be sure to report back to you when I get my next run in!

Over and Out.

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a