Victory is Paid for in Sweat

Hello all! I want to first start off with this:
Yesterday I was seriously lacking the motivation to do anything after work, so I posted on my forum looking for encouragement from my friends and this picture is what they sent to me (amongst others). I do have to say that the picture helped me out a lot and I did end up doing the 4 miles I was supposed to for the training process.

Yesterday's run was not easy, but it wasn't hard either.  I did the standard 2:1 ratio at 5.8 and 3.8 and have been averaging just under a 12 minute mile for the longer distances.  Ultimately, I would like to be able to run a 5k without stopping once.  I think I am going to sign myself up for a 5k in July and make that my goal: run the whole 5k without stopping.  Now I just have to find one that I could do!

Yesterday during my run I started getting pain in my shins again, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the last time I had the pain.  I made sure to spend extra time stretching and rubbing my shins so that when I run on Saturday my shins will not prevent me from finishing.  I need to make sure to get my long run in because I honestly feel that those are the ones that count the most.

Here are my results for the 4 mile run yesterday:
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 47:02
Calories Burned: 479.6
Average Speed: 5.1
Time of Day: 3:00 p.m.
Any Painful Spots: Shins a bit, left rib cage
Song of Choice: none today, just HGTV

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I will make sure to post on Sunday!

Over and Out.



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a