Say Yah to da U.P., eh?

Happy Labor Day everyone! I hope everyone has been enjoying their day off of work (and if you are working, I am terribly sorry!).  

This weekend Justin and I headed up to the U.P. with his parents for a relaxing and wonderful weekend.  It was filled with knitting, relaxing, jet skiing, and eating! On Friday we headed up to the U.P. after work and did not get in until about midnight, so we were pretty out of it.  

On Saturday we headed into town to go to a craft & car show, which is always fun to see!  We saw some pretty cute hand knitted/crocheted sweaters! I almost got one for my future niece, but decided to try and make one on my own! After we went into town we grabbed some groceries and relaxed the rest of the afternoon.


This weekend there was supposed to be a "blue moon" and I managed to grab a quick picture of it before heading back into the cabin.  Is it only me, or did you start singing the "Blue Moon" song when you hear someone reference it as a blue moon? I always think of that when someone says blue moon, whether its actually talking about the moon or talking about the beer.

One of the many blessings about going up north with Justin's parents is getting to use the jet skis! Sunday the water was super choppy and that ALWAYS makes for a fun time on the jet ski.  I have never gotten more soaked while on a jet ski than when I went out yesterday; nor have I laughed as hard as I was.  There is something so exhilarating about being out on the water and get splashed as you crash up and down on the waves.  I will look forward to getting to go out again next year.



Another blessing about being at the cabin is getting a chance to work on any projects I have been ignoring over the past few weeks.  About a month ago, I started knitting a blanket for my sister-in-law who is due October 15th, and I have been severely ignoring the blanket until this weekend.  I am proud to say that I am almost done with it, and cannot wait to share it with you all.  

Today, sadly, we had to make the 6 hour journey back home and I was very sad to go.  It is always nice to get a break from life and spend some quality time with family.  The only cool part about the drive is getting to cross the "Mighty Mac".  I always make it a point to take a picture of the beautiful bridge every time we cross over, and today the sun was shining very brightly. 


Well, I am off to do some laundry and get ready for the upcoming work week!

Questions of the Day:
  • Where do you go to get some peace in quiet? 
  • What do you do when you get to just relax, even if only for a few hours? 



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a