Bitterblue


It's time for another book review!
I picked this book because it was recommended by Read. Breathe.Relax as one of the top 2012 reads.  It took me a rather long time to get through this book, not because it was a slow read, but because of the limited amount of time I had to dedicate to this book between work and school.
I did not realize when I started this book that it is the third book in the Graceling series.  However, Cashore does such an excellent job with her writing that you can pick this book up and read it without having to read the other two.
If you are into the fantasy-type books, then you would definitely be interested in this book.  The main character, Bitterblue, comes into reign of her kingdom at a young age, without the knowledge to what has happened in the last 35 years.  She has to research and investigate into the past and begins to learn things that she never expected to about her kingdom and the people that help her rule it.
Through the help of a commoner, Bitterblue is able to discover the truth and maybe even develops a new found love for, not only this young man, but for herself.  You will find yourself excited to come back to the book and to discover with Bitterblue what new things she will be discovering that day.
I often found myself wondering what other new things Bitterblue was going to discover and started to create up potential twists and turns for the story.  But the book keeps you on your toes and is never predictable.
I would definitely recommend this book for the adventure seeker!

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a