Edible Acorns

Happy day before Thanksgiving everyone!

Today was rather successful for me.  I was able to work from home today and because of that, I got a lot done around the house.  I was able to do all of our laundry, clean our kitchen, run a few errands, bake a pie AND make my dessert for my side of the family's Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow!

My dessert of choice is Edible Acorns.  I originally got the idea off of Pinterest through another blogger and decided they were too cute to pass up! And they turned out pretty cute.  


Here's what you need:
  • A Bag of Hershey's Kisses
  • A Bag of Mini Chocolate Chips
  • Bite Size Nutter Butters
  • Bowl and Spoon
What to Do:
  • Melt half a bag of the mini chocolate chips in the microwave.  I put them in for 30 seconds, stirred them, then microwaved for another minute.  This gets the chocolate nice and smooth
  • Dip a kiss into the melted chocolate and stick it to a nutter butter
  • Once all the kisses have been stuck to the nutter butters, throw them in the freezer to harden the melted chocolate.  I lined mine up onto a cookie sheet to make the process easier (as you can tell the cookie sheet would not stay level, so Green Giant gave me a hand it keeping things level)

  • Once the kisses have hardened back up, begin dipping the second half of the mini chocolate chips in the melted chocolate and sticking them to the other side of the nutter butter.  This makes the top of the acorn
  • Again, put them into the freezer to harden the chocolate 
  • Once the chocolate has hardened, they are ready for you to enjoy!

Such a cute Fall themed dessert for any fall party or Thanksgiving event! And they are easy to make and even yummier to enjoy!

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite Thanksgiving dessert?

Mine is definitely my Aunt Mari's Banana Cream Supreme! I really hope she makes it for tomorrow!


Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a