Ain't No Rest for the Wicked

Happy Monday Everyone! I trust you had a wonderful weekend and do not have a case of the Monday's like I do.  

This morning started out pretty interesting.  Over the last week my alarm clock has been slowly dying and when I was going through one of the many unpacked boxes in our guest bedroom yesterday I found an old iPod alarm clock and promptly set it up.  Apparently when I set the alarm last night, I set it to use my music as an alarm instead of the traditional beeping.  The song my phone chose made me laugh every.single.time my alarm went off.  

Have you heard of Cage the Elephant? If so, then you have probably guessed what song I am talking about.   If you have not, I attached a link to the music video of the song for your enjoyment.


an you see the irony in the song choice? My alarm was singing to me, "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" every time it went off this morning.  Sometimes you just have to laugh at the ironic things in your life.

Yesterday was a rather busy day filled with time with friends and organizing.  I started the day going to meet Janna at the gym to do our fitness test for Tina's Best Body Boot Camp because it starts today! We also made a plan for the week to balance both Boot Camp and training for the 5k next month!


Our training for the 5k technically started the week of Christmas, but I've been a bit slow moving and finally started running last Thursday.  After looking at several different options for training, we decided that Hal Higdon's method would be the best for the 5k, 10k and 1/2 marathon training.

 My first run was supposed to be 1.5 miles, but I accidentally read it as 1.75 and did that instead.  Saturday's was our long run and was actually 1.75 miles, so I ended up doing both at 1.75.


This is a picture of the first run, the second one did not turn out as I'd liked, but it took me about 45 seconds longer.  Boo.  Hopefully tomorrow's run will be a bit prettier.

Question of the Day:
What training program have you used to train for any races?
Did you do weight training on top of the running?



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a