Friday Kicked My Booty

Good Morning Everyone! I trust your week has been great and you've gotten plenty of rest this weekend.  

Thursday evening I had a 1.5 mile run on the books and had planned on doing it after my hair appointment at 6:00, but by the time the appointment was finished at 9:00, I was done for the day and just wanted to go to sleep.  So I made plans to go with Janna on Friday evening to make up my run and do another round of Tina's Best Body Boot Camp.

I am pretty excited to show you this picture:


I saw it the other day when I was browsing some stretches for running.  It seemed like the perfect picture to post on my personal Facebook page as a reminder to myself and to everyone else, that I WILL be doing a half marathon this year! 

Friday's workout started with my 1.5 mile run.  I have to say I am rather proud of this time because in previous runs, I have taken much longer than this to run 1.5 miles.  It is so rewarding to really start seeing a difference between now and this time last year.  


After the run, Janna and I worked on our boot camp scheduled for that day.  This one really focused on the arms and I was really struggling with some of the workouts.  I somehow hurt my shoulder and lifting any weight above and beyond my body weight was just too plain difficult, so I had to dumb it down a bit, but we still completed the workout.  

On top of all of the training we do, Janna works out with a trainer a few days a week.  Friday night happened to be one of her training days, and he was kind enough to invite me to workout with them.  It was difficult, but I am super glad I did it.

One of the exercises he had us to was a leg press.  During the exercise, I asked him how much weight we were pressing and he said that he wouldn't tell me because it would psych me out.  He was right.  If I had known that I was pressing 285 lbs, I would have freaked out and probably stopped.  Friday was just filled with exciting accomplishments.

Question of the Day:
What is one accomplishment you were proud of this past week?
How did it make you feel?

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a