Happy Birthday Justin

Happy Birthday to my husband and my best friend, Justin.  


It is so hard to believe that all those years ago, you caught my eye and we became inseparable. 

Yesterday for Justin's birthday, we spent the day hanging out and relaxing (per his choice) before we had dinner plans with a few friends.  Have you ever watched Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives? If so, then you might have heard of the restaurant we went to for dinner.  We went to the Union Woodshop, in Clarkston, MI and boy was the food delicious.  

I had the pulled pork with cheesy mashed potatoes and green bean casserole and it was to die for.

They had some of the most delicious BBQ sauces that I have ever tasted and I am not a huge fan of BBQ.  I think my two favorites were the Tennessee and the New York flavors.  The NY flavor had more of an Asian Cuisine taste, while the Tennessee was more of your classic BBQ sauce.  But both were to die for.

Danielle opted for the Garlic Pizza and that looked pretty good as well.  I did not end up having a taste because there was just too much food to try.


 I think my favorite part of the restaurant was the more classic feel to it.  I mean they even went so far as to serve their drinks in Mason Jars.  I loved it!


And the be all to end all? Justin's free dessert from the restaurant: a deep fried twinkie! 


I got some pretty strange looks from the group when I got so excited about the twinkie, but they went out of business and I have not seen one since they did.  We all shared a little bite of each of the meals and desserts which made for such a delicious and exciting meal.  What a great way to celebrate a wonderful man's birthday.


Happy Birthday Justin! I love you

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a