Potted Potter

Happy Monday Everyone!

I trust you had an exciting weekend and enjoyed yourself! Our weekend was filled with adventures and organizing. 

On Saturday, Justin and I headed to Downtown Detroit to go see the play, Potted Potter.  I actually bought the tickets a long time ago for Justin as a Christmas gift and it was great finally being able to use them.  I honestly did not know what to expect with the play because it is not one of the major productions, but I can honestly say that I had a great time! 

We ended up going to Outback Steakhouse for dinner as a last minute option and it turned out to be pretty nice.


I had the fillet with the sweet potato and Justin had the house steak with mashed potatoes.  Overall, it was a very delicious meal!

After dinner, we rushed down to Detroit to catch the play.  I never realized how busy Detroit is on a Saturday night and due to the time constraint, we ended up running from our car to the theater.  We made it to the show just before curtain call and settled in for the excitement.


I absolutely loved this play.  It was only two men on the stage retelling the entire Harry Potter series in 70 (or so) minutes.  I can honestly say that I have not laughed that hard in quite some time.  My favorite part of the play was how much they interacted with the audience and how much they catered to the location they were in with jokes wittingly geared toward Detroit.

If you have a chance to see this play, I would take it.  Both Justin and I laughed hard and often and if that is your type of thing, make your way to Potted Potter.




Detroit is so beautiful at night and I have never really paid any attention to that until now.  It makes me sad that it is painted in a negative light.  I wonder what it was like when it was in it's prime days! It must have been wonderful.



Question of the Day:
What is your favorite play/musical?
I still think Wicked is my favorite, but Potted Potter is a close second!

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a