Glittered JOY Letters


Happy Friday! I hope your week went well and that you have some fun things planned for the weekend! Our weekend will be filled with all kinds of festivities - including getting our Christmas Tree!

Today I wanted to share another one of the crafts from the 10 Festive Christmas Crafts that I made with you! The original idea comes from The Pinning Momma and this craft is super easy to make and does not take too much time or money.  

What You Need:
  • Cardboard Letters that spell your word - in my case J,O,Y
  • Gold Acrylic Paint & foam paint brush
  • Mod Podge
  • Double Sided Tape
  • Glitter Card Stock
  • Hole Punch 


To Make the Letters

1. Paint your letters with the gold paint.  I used Gold Acrylic paint and did two coats.  One coat of paint would suffice, but I found that the letters looked more radiant with two coats.


2. While your paint is drying, take time to cut your card stock into 3/4" thick strips.  3/4" is the size that I used for my stripes, but if you want your stripes to be larger or smaller, feel free to cut your card stock to match your size requirements

3. Once your stripes have been cut out, align them on each letter to your desired width and use your double sided tape to stick each strip down to the letter.

4. Use your Mod Podge to start gluing your stripes down.  I found that it worked best to get one side of the letter down (like the front) before moving to a different side.  It makes it easier because the paper will stick more soundly when you go to put a fold in it.  Note: My stripes went all the way around the letter, but they were not evenly spaced on the back.  It was very difficult to get the card stock to bend the right way

5. Once all of your strips are glued down, put a light coat of Mod Podge on top to help them stay in place.  This also gives the stripes a more glossy finish

6. For the polka dots, use your hole punch to make a bunch of circles.  I did not use my double sided tape to stick these down; rather, I used a light coat of Mod Podge to stick them down.  When adding the polka dots, do small sections at a time, otherwise your glue will dry before you can get them all on.  Once all of your polka dots are glued down, again do a light coat of Mod Podge so they do not peel off.  

7. Let your paint dry and you are all finished! They can be used as a stand alone decoration or can be easily hung with a command strip!

I hope you enjoyed this craft! If you have any questions about the process feel free to ask! For a link to the original tutorial and to other Christmas Crafts, feel free to check out my Christmas Board on Pinterest.

Happy Weekend! 



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a