Life Threw a Curve Ball

Hi there readers! Happy Saturday! I hope your Saturday has been excellent you have something fun planned for this evening.  

I spent most of my day baking cookies with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, nephew and niece and I had a blast.  We started this tradition a few years back and have it is something I look forward to each year. 


 

This year was a little different from years passed because McKenna was diagnosed with a peanut and egg allergy.  I had not idea how hard it was to come up with egg-less recipes until I started really looking around for recipes that either did not call for eggs or had something you can substitute for the eggs.  We were able to find one recipe that turned out pretty delicious - I will share the recipe with you on another day for sure. 

I wanted to share a more personal issue with you today as it is something that has been on my mind and has been upsetting me for the past week or so (which is why I've been a tad bit absent).


This is my Grandma.  She is a pillar in my life and a constant source of love and joy for me.  

She also is very sick.  

The day after Thanksgiving my Grandma was rushed to the ER with issues breathing and she has been there ever since then. 

 And I am devastated.

Currently, she is stable and showing slight improvement but our family is taking everything one hour at a time and we are holding our breath in anticipation of her recovery.  Grandma has been a pillar for our family for as long as I can remember - every Christmas is spent at her house and we often end up getting together at her house just to spend time as one large family.  

I am asking for my readers who pray, to please pray for her.  Pray for her health, that she would get better, for clear minds and clear hearts for those making decisions regarding her health, for my grandma to feel the love that is surrounding her and pray for our family as we continue to surround her during this difficult time.  If you are not the praying type, I ask that you keep her in your thoughts. 

I'm sorry for a sad post today, but I wanted to share with you all a little part of why I have not been as active on the blog the last few weeks.  You all are important to me and I truly value your readership.  

Question of the Day: What is one tradition you have that would not be the same if even one person was not present? 





Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a