Mother's Day 2016

Happy Wednesday Friends! Today you are actually going to be getting two posts! This post is extremely late, but life has been kicking my butt with my schedule lately and I wanted to share our celebration with you all still {even if it is two weeks late}.

So today I am going to share a Mother's Day Recap with you all! Last year we started a new tradition of taking our mommas {and dads too} out for a delicious brunch.  So this year we decided to go ahead and make that same plan again and we took all of our parents out for a Mother's Day Brunch.  


For brunch this year we decided to try The Fountains Golf and Banquet just to try and mix things up.  I loved their brunch menu because we could choose from a wide variety of things like bagels, pasta, eggs, and even steak.  Not to mention they had a delicious table of desserts to choose from.  I made sure to sample a few little things from each area because I couldn't pass up on everything that looked so delicious.   

My Dress: Nine West  ||  Mom's Dress: LuLaRoe

Each mom was given a beautiful bouquet of roses from Kroger.  If you are local to Michigan, I would highly recommend Kroger for flowers.  I am always impressed with how beautiful their flowers are and how high quality they are.  My mom got a pink bouquet and Justin's mom got a white bouquet.  


After lunch, we all went to the house to walk through it one more time.  I swear we are there at minimum one to two times a week! I love going through the house to see the progress that has been made and to revel in how quickly a home can be built.  

By this time everyone had to get back to other events, so my mom and I made our way to the movies to go see Mother's Day.  I was not sure if I would enjoy this movie because I tend to get overwhelmed when there are a ton of story lines, but this movie was great.  I laughed throughout the entire movie and I even cried at a few parts.  What a great way to spend our afternoon Mother's Day: seeing Mother's Day.  


Overall, the day was a fun and relaxing day.  And we honestly could not beat the beautiful weather that we had that day! Our first little glimpse of Spring before Old Man Winter reared his ugly head again last weekend.

Question of the Day: What did you do for Mother's Day?


I'd love to hear from you!
  


Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a