The Super Run 2016 Recap

Happy Wednesday Friends! I hope your week has been going well so far and you getting excited for this weekend! 

Today I wanted to share with you about The Super Run.  

About the Super Run
The Super Run is a national series of events that partners with non-profit organizations to put on superhero themed events to help raise funds and awareness for their cause.  The Super Run is here to save your day!  

In Detroit, The Super Run supports the Lutheran Social Services of Michigan (LSSM) or Samaritas. 

About Samaritas
"Samaritas creates communities of service. We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion while upholding their dignity, advocating for equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions."

In January, Kimmy and I got together for coffee and started talking about what our year would look like.  One of the things I mentioned was that I would like to run at least one race a month.  And Kimmy was right on board! She did not want to start right away, but wanted some time to train, so I suggested The Super Run and she signed up almost immediately. 


Before we knew it, the day of the race was here! It seriously felt like no time had passed between our conversation about the race and the actual race.  During those months, both Kimmy and myself took time to train and get ready for the race.

This was her first ever race and I felt so blessed to be a part of it! The whole week prior, Kimmy texted about how nervous she was for the race.  I just kept reassuring her that no matter what, she was going to finish the race and I was going to be there to support her.


I am so proud to say that Kimmy not only finished the race, but she kicked butt! Her finish time for a 5k was less than 40 minutes which is awesome for someone that does not run often.  I am so proud of how hard she pushed herself and I cannot wait to do another run with her!


Check out the other runs I've done in 2016 on my 2016 Races Page!


Question of the Day: What is your favorite fun run that you've ran?


I'd love to hear from you!


Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a