Weekend Highs & Lows #33

Hello everyone!I hope you had a wonderful weekend filled with fun and exciting adventures  If you want more information about the party, please check out this post.



Before I begin today's post, I wanted to share with everyone how heartbroken I am about the tragedy in in Orlando.  My heart is broken over such an unnecessary act of violence.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.  My heart goes out to you, Orlando.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Highs:

This weekend was actually rather uneventful around our house.  In the wake of the chaos of moving, we decided to take our weekend a little slower to make sure that we were rested enough for work this week.

On Friday night, we had Nick and Kevin over for dinner and it was fun to just get time with them playing games on the Wii U.  We ended up playing Super Smash Bros for a while and I can honestly say I have not laughed that hard in a long time.  I am hoping we can get some more game time in soon!

Saturday was very quiet for us as we just spent the day unpacking and going through boxes in our garage.  It was over 90 degrees here in Michigan so it really did not make any sense for us to be trying to clean out our apartment in that heat.



On Sunday, Justin and I made our way to Best Buy and Target to get a few items for the house.  A little piece of advice: if you need to use your credit card quickly but owe money, pay it in cash at the store; otherwise, you could get stuck with a hold on your credit card.   What a hassle! But we have decided to just laugh it off and move forward.


After Best Buy, we made our way to Target for a few things and ended up spending way too much money.  I am exited to say that we got some awesome bedside tables (well tables we're using as bedside tables) and lamps!

Sunday afternoon Sarah and Caroline came over to hang out for a few hours.  It was great to hang out with some friends enjoying a nice glass of wine and catching up.  I love having my friends over and can't wait to do it as often as possible!



Lows:

I did not get nearly as much cleaning and unpacking done as I would have liked, but I am okay with that as we are still making forward progress.

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a