Hope Water Project 5k Recap

Happy Thursday Friends! I hope your week has been going well so far and you getting excited for this weekend! Sorry I've been all over the place the last week! I've been trying to get everything moved an unpacked for the house and I feel like this process will be never ending!

Today I wanted to share with you about the Hope Water Project 5k.  If you can remember, in January I ran a 1/2 Marathon with Hope Water Project.  After that race, I decided I would do the Detroit International 1/2 Marathon with Hope Water Project as well! 

About Hope Water Project 
Water is life…and hundreds of millions of people around the world are suffering today because they do not have access to clean water. Hope Water Project is committed to providing clean water by partnering with communities and drilling deep water wells in some of the world’s neediest areas. Our current project is to provide 1,000 new water wells for the Pokot tribe in northwestern Kenya.

Part of the training is to participate in the Hope Water Project 5k.  On June 4th - the day before we moved - I got out my running gear and made my way to a local business to participate in the Hope Water Project 5k with Andy and Christina.



Because Christina was recovering from a serious illness and I hadn't run in a while, we decided to take it easy and walk the 5k.  I was glad to have walked it because my body was just tired from everything we had to do to get ready for the big move.

The weather was a beautiful 70 degrees and sunny so we had the perfect combination of warmth and brightness - making this a great race.

After the race, we took a few group pictures, then made our way to the Half Day Cafe.  I had half of  a breakfast sandwich and it was delicious!


Well that is all from this race! Next month we have the Insane Inflatable 5k!


To check out the other runs I've done in 2016, go to my 2016 Races Page!


Question of the Day: What is your favorite fun run that you've ran?


I'd love to hear from you!

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a