Show and Tell: If I Won the Lottery

Happy Tuesday Friends! I hope all is well and you are having a great day so far! Today I am teaming up with Andrea for another fun round of Show and Tell Tuesdays.  

But before I get started, I wanted to say for those of you in the United States - please take time to go and vote today.  I am planning to go sometime in the morning and will anxiously await the results with everyone else.  


If I Won the Lottery...

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

If I won the lottery.... what would I do? I honestly think this is something that Justin and I talk about on an almost weekly, if not twice weekly basis.  It is so fun to dream about what I would do if I had a million dollars or even millions of dollars.  

So here is what we've come up with when we talk about winning the lottery....

1. Pay off all of our debt.  As someone in their late twenties, debt is a very real part of our lives.  I mean, it is less common now than ever for someone to get through college without debt.  So the first thing we would do is pay off our debt (house, school, car, etc.).

2. Set up college/wedding funds for future children.  So this sounds super responsible, but we have always talked about wanting to be able to bless our children with not having debt after college or getting married.  Both of our parents provided us with a large blessing to not have to pay for any of our wedding so we would like to do the same for our children.  

3. Travel.  So this would be more a me thing than a Justin thing, but I would want to take some time and travel the world.  I have been on three different continents, so my goal would be to hit all of them.  And with lottery money, it would be so much easier.

4. Give Back.  While the previous three items may come across as selfish, the biggest thing Justin and I would like to do is find a way to give back to our community.  Whether it is building a homeless shelter or providing opportunities for someone they might never have, we want to make sure that we give back.  If we were to ever be blessed with winning the lottery we would plan to give anywhere between 10-20% back.  

5. Invest. While this option is not "fun", we would want to make sure that we invest the money back in a manner that is wise.  In this situation, we would have to do something with a financial planner.  

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

Well that is all for today's post! Looking back at it, it almost looks like we are being too practical doesn't it? Oh well! At least we know we'd try to be responsible with the money if we ever won anything.  

Next up on Show and Tell Tuesdays.....

Gifts you'd like in the categories: Want, Need, Wear, Read.


Question of the Day: What is your favorite Halloween memory?

I'd love to hear from you!

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a