There’s just something about September that makes me want to slow down a little.
Even though summer technically isn’t over yet, September always feels like the beginning of fall to me. The mornings get a little cooler, the days start getting shorter, and suddenly I’m craving cozy blankets, warm coffee, candles, books, and all things autumn.
I’ve always loved the little traditions that come with a new season, and this year I want to be intentional about actually enjoying them instead of letting fall fly by.
So, I’m putting together my Fall Bucket List for 2026.
Nothing on this list is meant to be complicated or expensive. I want this fall to be about the little things—the coffee dates, bookstore trips, cozy nights at home, seasonal shopping, and making memories along the way.
Here’s what I’m hoping to check off this fall!
Read a LOT of Books
Obviously, reading had to make the list.
Fall is probably my favorite time of year to read. Give me a blanket, a warm drink, a candle burning in the background, and a good book, and I am one happy girl.
Obviously, reading had to make the list.
Fall is probably my favorite time of year to read. Give me a blanket, a warm drink, a candle burning in the background, and a good book, and I am one happy girl.
This fall, I want to make more time for reading just for the fun of it. I want to pick up books that have been sitting on my TBR forever, read some spooky books in October, revisit some favorite authors, and hopefully discover a few new favorites along the way.
And yes… I fully expect my TBR to somehow grow while I’m trying to make it smaller.
Have More Coffee Dates
A lot of new coffee shops have been popping up around me that I want to try so I am adding this to my bucket list this Fall.
There’s something about grabbing a warm coffee and sitting somewhere cozy while the leaves are changing that just feels like fall.
Some coffee dates will hopefully be with friends, but I also want to get comfortable taking myself on little solo coffee dates. Bring a book, find a cozy corner, and just enjoy a little time to myself.
Bonus points if there’s a bookstore nearby!
A lot of new coffee shops have been popping up around me that I want to try so I am adding this to my bucket list this Fall.
There’s something about grabbing a warm coffee and sitting somewhere cozy while the leaves are changing that just feels like fall.
Some coffee dates will hopefully be with friends, but I also want to get comfortable taking myself on little solo coffee dates. Bring a book, find a cozy corner, and just enjoy a little time to myself.
Bonus points if there’s a bookstore nearby!
Take a Fall Day Trip
One of my favorite things about living in Michigan is that there are so many places to explore, especially once fall arrives.
I want to take at least one little fall day trip this year—somewhere I can walk around, grab coffee, browse local shops, take way too many pictures, and enjoy the scenery. It doesn't have to be a huge adventure. Sometimes the best days are the ones where you don't have much of a plan.
One of my favorite things about living in Michigan is that there are so many places to explore, especially once fall arrives.
I want to take at least one little fall day trip this year—somewhere I can walk around, grab coffee, browse local shops, take way too many pictures, and enjoy the scenery. It doesn't have to be a huge adventure. Sometimes the best days are the ones where you don't have much of a plan.
Decorate for Fall
I know some people wait until October to decorate for Halloween, but I am firmly in the camp of fall décor on September 1st.
Give me pumpkins, cozy blankets, candles, warm colors, and anything that makes my house feel a little more autumnal. I don't necessarily want to completely redecorate my house every season. I just love adding a few little touches that make everything feel cozy.
And yes, I will probably buy something I absolutely did not need because it had a pumpkin on it.
I know some people wait until October to decorate for Halloween, but I am firmly in the camp of fall décor on September 1st.
Give me pumpkins, cozy blankets, candles, warm colors, and anything that makes my house feel a little more autumnal. I don't necessarily want to completely redecorate my house every season. I just love adding a few little touches that make everything feel cozy.
And yes, I will probably buy something I absolutely did not need because it had a pumpkin on it.
Do Some Fall Shopping
Fall shopping is dangerous for me.
The candles. The sweaters. The mugs. The blankets. The books. The seasonal décor.
I want to find a few fun fall things this year without going completely overboard. I'm especially looking forward to browsing Target, local shops, bookstores, and anywhere else that hasn't already put out their fall collections. I'm also hoping to share some of my favorite finds along the way because let's be honest—if I find something good, I'm probably going to tell you about it anyway.
Fall shopping is dangerous for me.
The candles. The sweaters. The mugs. The blankets. The books. The seasonal décor.
I want to find a few fun fall things this year without going completely overboard. I'm especially looking forward to browsing Target, local shops, bookstores, and anywhere else that hasn't already put out their fall collections. I'm also hoping to share some of my favorite finds along the way because let's be honest—if I find something good, I'm probably going to tell you about it anyway.
Have More Cozy Nights at Home
I want to make a point of having more nights where I don't feel like I need to be doing something.
Light a candle.
Make a coffee or hot chocolate.
Put on comfy pajamas.
Grab a book.
Watch a favorite show.
And just stay home.
I think it's really easy to fill every evening with errands, plans, chores, and things that *need* to get done. This fall, I want to make room for some nights that are simply about relaxing.
I want to make a point of having more nights where I don't feel like I need to be doing something.
Light a candle.
Make a coffee or hot chocolate.
Put on comfy pajamas.
Grab a book.
Watch a favorite show.
And just stay home.
I think it's really easy to fill every evening with errands, plans, chores, and things that *need* to get done. This fall, I want to make room for some nights that are simply about relaxing.
Enjoy Some Fall Treats
Fall food and drinks are definitely part of the experience.
I want to enjoy some seasonal coffee drinks, visit a cider mill, have a cozy breakfast somewhere, and maybe indulge in a few fall treats along the way.
I'm not trying to make everything picture-perfect or recreate something from Pinterest. I just want to enjoy the things that make the season feel special.
Fall food and drinks are definitely part of the experience.
I want to enjoy some seasonal coffee drinks, visit a cider mill, have a cozy breakfast somewhere, and maybe indulge in a few fall treats along the way.
I'm not trying to make everything picture-perfect or recreate something from Pinterest. I just want to enjoy the things that make the season feel special.
Take More Fall Photos
I want to actually document the season this year.
Not just the big events, but the little moments too.
The changing leaves.
My coffee.
A stack of books.
A cute bookstore.
A pretty sunset.
A random Target find.
A cozy night at home.
Sometimes those everyday pictures end up being the ones I love looking back on the most.
I want to actually document the season this year.
Not just the big events, but the little moments too.
The changing leaves.
My coffee.
A stack of books.
A cute bookstore.
A pretty sunset.
A random Target find.
A cozy night at home.
Sometimes those everyday pictures end up being the ones I love looking back on the most.
Send Some Snail Mail
There's something about sending and receiving actual mail that feels extra special.
I want to send more postcards, letters, and little notes to friends and family this fall. I've been participating in Post Crossing and want to be deliberate in sending more this Fall.
There's no reason to wait for a birthday or holiday to send someone a little something. Sometimes a simple "I was thinking about you" is enough.
And honestly, who doesn't love finding something other than a bill in their mailbox?
There's something about sending and receiving actual mail that feels extra special.
I want to send more postcards, letters, and little notes to friends and family this fall. I've been participating in Post Crossing and want to be deliberate in sending more this Fall.
There's no reason to wait for a birthday or holiday to send someone a little something. Sometimes a simple "I was thinking about you" is enough.
And honestly, who doesn't love finding something other than a bill in their mailbox?
Get Spooky
Of course, we can't talk about fall without talking about Halloween!
I'm definitely planning on getting my spooky reading in, watching some Halloween movies, enjoying some creepy decorations, and participating in all of the fun Halloween things.
October is basically my excuse to lean into everything spooky for an entire month.
And I have absolutely no complaints about that.
Of course, we can't talk about fall without talking about Halloween!
I'm definitely planning on getting my spooky reading in, watching some Halloween movies, enjoying some creepy decorations, and participating in all of the fun Halloween things.
October is basically my excuse to lean into everything spooky for an entire month.
And I have absolutely no complaints about that.
Make Time for the Little Things
More than anything, I want this fall to be about enjoying the little things.
I don't need to visit every pumpkin patch, attend every event, decorate every inch of my house, or have a perfectly curated fall.
I just want to enjoy the season.
I want to read good books.
Drink good coffee.
Spend time with people I love.
Explore new places.
Take pictures.
Laugh a lot.
And create a few memories that I'll be happy to look back on when winter eventually arrives.
More than anything, I want this fall to be about enjoying the little things.
I don't need to visit every pumpkin patch, attend every event, decorate every inch of my house, or have a perfectly curated fall.
I just want to enjoy the season.
I want to read good books.
Drink good coffee.
Spend time with people I love.
Explore new places.
Take pictures.
Laugh a lot.
And create a few memories that I'll be happy to look back on when winter eventually arrives.
My Fall Bucket List
So, here it is—the official list I'm hoping to check off this season:
So, here it is—the official list I'm hoping to check off this season:
And that's my goal for September through November: less rushing, more enjoying
I don't know how many things I'll actually check off this list, and honestly, that's okay.
The point isn't to have a perfect fall.
The point is to have a fall that I actually *remember*.
The point isn't to have a perfect fall.
The point is to have a fall that I actually *remember*.
Now I want to know—what's on your fall bucket list this year? Is there a fall tradition you look forward to every year, or something new you're hoping to try?
Tell me in the comments! I may just have to add a few more things to my list.
Have a wonderful day,
Jackie
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Jackie
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Read my full disclosure policy here.


Post a Comment
Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a