Under the Never Sky


Hey All! Yesterday I didn't have a scheduled run so I didn't have much to post about.  I had a rather frustrating day at work though so I quickly headed out to the gym after work to burn off some of the steam I had built up while at work.  I did 40 minutes on the elliptical then headed off to the weight training area and lifted some weights.

I haven't been doing much weight lifting since I started training for the 1/2 marathon and figured it would be appropriate to start toning out those "flabby" muscles.  I did a lot of upper body work and then did some squats/lunges and weight machines for my legs. 
 
 As promised, I am going to do a quick review of the book, "Under the Never Sky" by Veronica Rossi.   



Since she’d been on the outside, she’d survived an Aether storm, she’d had a knife held to her throat, and she’d seen men murdered. This was worse.
Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland – known as The Death Shop – are slim. If the cannibals don’t get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She’s been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He’s wild – a savage – and her only hope of staying alive.
A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile – everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria’s help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.

My Review
 This book catches your attention within the first 10 pages.  You are brought into the story and are quickly introduced to the two main characters and get a basic understanding of what type of people they really are.  Because the book is written third person limited, you are able to "hear" the thoughts of both Aria and Perry throughout the story and begin to wish you could know more about what they are thinking.

When I wasn't reading the book I would find myself often wondering what I would do if I was thrown into the wild where I had no knowledge of how to defend myself and how I would handle being lead by a complete stranger through the woods to a place that I have never seen and learning to trust a complete stranger and be aware of my own surroundings and my body. 

Rossi does an excellent job of developing a romantic side of the story by showing Perry talking and sharing things with Aria.  Throughout the first half of the book Perry hardly says a word to Aria and by the end of the book he can't stop talking to her and it is through her incessant desire for him to talk that he learns how to communicate with other people.

I would definitely recommend this book to you avid readers out there.  It has everything you could want: adventure, romance, mystery and suspension.  Definitely take a minute to check it out!


Thanks for checking in and I look forward to sharing my next good read  with you!

Over and Out.

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a