Dessert Get Together

Sunday was just as busy as Saturday was! I started out the day be sleeping in (yay!) then heading out to a Diaper Shower with my mom.  This was my first time ever going to this type of baby shower, and it was a pretty neat idea.  Instead of buying the mommy and daddy a bunch of different gifts, the guests bring only diapers and wipes to the party.  This way, they have plenty of diapers when the little bundle of joy arrives.  I would have to say the neatest diaper gift looked something like this:
 
You can find the tutorial on how to make something like this here.  What a neat idea for a gift that gives the mommy and daddy a cute gift filled with all of the things they might need for their bundle of joy.
 
After I went to the baby shower, my friend Danielle and I headed out to get supplies for the pinterest party we had on the 29th.  We figured we would go early to try and use some coupons, but they were all expired.  Bummer.
 
After out trip to Joanne, we headed out to a Dessert Get Together that was a party dedicated entirely to desserts.  Each guest brought a dessert of their choice and we all were able to enjoy them.  I swear I ate 1,000 plus calories that night, but it was so worth it. 
 
I made my newly favorite dessert: Hocus Pocus Rolls.
 
Photo Credit: Here
 
These wonderful pastries are so easy to make and are so very enjoyable. 
 
You will need:
1 Tube Crescent Rolls (I used reduced fat)
Large Marshmallows
1T of butter melted
1/2 cup of sugar
2T cinnamon
Cookie Sheet
Parchment Paper
Cooking Spray
 
To make:
Preheat your oven to 350°
Line your Cookie Sheet with Parchment paper and spray a coat of cooking spray on top of paper
Unroll all of your crescent rolls and lay them flat on your cookie sheet
Combine your cinnamon and sugar together until well mixed
Melt your butter completely
Dip your marshmallow into the melted butter, then dip it into the cinnamon sugar mix
Once you have dipped them into the 2 mixes, place them on the crescent rolls and fold the roll around the marshmallow.
*It is important to note that the roll needs to be sealed, otherwise the marshmallow will melt out*
Once all the rolls have been filled with marshmallows, bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes, or as long as the crescent roll package requires.
 
The marshmallows will disappear while it is baking (hence the name Hocus Pocus Rolls) and you will be able to enjoy the ooey gooeyness that ensues.
 
I still cannot figure out why we did not take pictures of the desserts at the party, but we did not.  Each dessert was absolutely wonderful and I wish I had gotten the recipes from everyone before I left.  Oh well, I will find them again.  I will leave you with the one dessert I could remember the name for:
This recipe was DELICIOUS and can be found: Here



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a