Halloween DIY Wreath

Hello Everyone! This past Saturday I hosted a Pinterest Party at my house and a few of us girls got together to do some fun crafting projects off of Pinterest. 
For my project, I picked to make a Halloween wreath.  I originally got my idea here!
 
 
Here is how you make this wreath.
 
You will need:
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • 1 yard black burlap
  • Foam circle (I used pipe liner from Home Depot)
  • Wooden Letters (I used B.O.O)
  • Acrylic Paint (I had purple, black, yellow and white)
  • Brushes
  • Mod Podge
  • Rotary Cutter & Mat
  • Halloween Scrapbook Paper
  • If you make your own wreath, you will need duct tape for the foam to create a circle
  • Ribbon to hang the wreath
If you are using foam from Home Depot, cut your foam to your desired length and duct tape the two ends together.  The foam will be flimsy, so use a reinforcement inside of the foam.  I did not and the foam drooped.
 
Paint your letters the desired colors or mod podge the paper direcly to the letters. 
 
While the paint dries, cut your burlap into 1" thick strips and about 12" long.
 
Once you have cut all the strips you need, begin tying them around the wreath.  You will need to double-knot each strip for extra reinforcement
 
After you have added all of your burlap strips, hot glue your finished letters to the wreath in your desired location
 
Tie the ribbon to the wreath, hang and enjoy!
 

 
 
**Note: Once you have tied the burlap, it cannot be undone.  The strips will crumble if you try to untie them. Also, this project is VERY messy, and should be done where it would be easy to clean**
 
 


Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a