Perfect Pumpkin Cookies Recipe

Original Recipe Found Here
In honor of fall, I decided to try baking a fall-recipe from my Recipe Vault on Pinterest.  These cookies caught my attention because they looked so soft and chewy and they were a big hit at the Pumpkin Carving Party.  If you are looking for a delicious pumpkin cookie, these should be your first choice!
 
What You Need:
1 cup butter flavored shortening
1 cup unsalted butter; softened
2 cups white sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin (solid; not pie mix)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
 
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
  2. Cream shortening, butter, canned pumpkin and sugar in large bowl.  Once creamy, add eggs one at a time.
  3. Mix baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, salt and flour and sift well
  4. Drop by spoonful unto an ungreased cookie sheet
  5. Bake for 12-15 minutes


This is how my cookies turned out.  The recipe calls for some cream cheese frosting, but I did not make any and the cookies were still very delicious.  If you are looking for some extra sweetness, then I would recommend the frosting!

I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I did!

 
 
 
 
 

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a