Apple or Apple Pie?

Happy day before Friday everyone! I trust you are as ready for Friday as I am.  This week has been looonnnnggg to say the very least, but the sun is shining and it feel wonderful on my back as it pours through the windows by my desk.

As I  mentioned yesterday, I had a Weight Watchers meeting with my mom last night and a few things the teacher said really stuck out to me.  

The first thing was a quote she shared with us:
"If you focus on results, you will never see change
 If you focus on change, you will see results"

This particular quote struck me because I feel like, often times, people are so focused on the results that they cannot see the changes that are happening in front of them.  A perfect example is when someone wants to lose weight.  In my mind, the only result is a loss on the scale, when in all reality the victory is eating healthy and working out. 

The other thing that caught my attention was her Apple and Apple Pie Metaphor.

She asked us: Would you rather be an apple? 
Firm, delicious, sweet, and healthy

Or would you rather be an apple pie?
Warm, lumpy, full of lard, and not healthy?

Such an interesting concept, but it also struck me.  Especially when she said the "full of lard" part.  As delicious as an apple pie can be, I do not want to be lumpy and full of lard.  I want to be firm, sweet and healthy.

Zumba tonight with my ladies! I am so exited.

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite quote/saying that keeps your head in the right place?

Aside from these two I really like, "What you eat in private is what you wear in public".  

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a