How Many Ships Can a Big Ship Ship

Happy Friday Everyone! I am so grateful it is Friday and I cannot wait to get home and get my packing butt in gear.

It's always exciting at work when a large ship goes through the Detroit river because we get to hear the horn and see the boat go by.  I'm always so fascinated when I see a ship of such large size on the water because I just cannot grasp the ability of the ship to float.


And often I am reminded of a funny post I once saw on Imgur:


I think what made this picture so hilarious to me was not the picture itself, but the first comment, "How many ships could a big ship ship if a big ship could ship ships."  So now every time I see a big ship go through the Detroit River, I always have a little laugh to myself about the big ship shipping ships.

A few weeks ago I was in a conundrum as to which book I was going to start with out of the 8+ I borrowed from the library and I ended up picking Bossypants by Tina Fey.  


When I requested from a bunch of  my girlfriends a good lighthearted read, they hit the book right on the nose.  This read was a joy from beginning to end and I caught myself more than once laughing out loud at her very blunt and hilarious sense of humor. 

Overview
Tina Fey has written an autobiography of her life up until the book was completed, but unlike normal autobiographies, she makes fun of herself quite often and does not talk about her accomplishments the entire book.  From the beginning, when she was a child, until she is having a child of her own, Fey takes good care to give you the necessary information about her life all the while making you giggle.

My Review
If you are looking for something serious and intense, then this is not the book you are looking for (insert laugh to self about Star Wars reference).  This book is the epitome of lighthearted and fun.  From page one, I was laughing and at the very last page I even got a few laughs in.  The one thing I appreciated about Fey's writing is her ability to make you laugh, while also teaching you a very important lesson about taking pride in oneself and appreciating the good qualities and not focusing on the "bad" ones.  The only negative thing about this book (in my eyes) was some of the language.  Like I mentioned above, Fey is blunt.  She does not refrain from using words that might offend the reader, which I admire.  It is an autobiography.  I would prefer for her to be "talking" with me instead of talking to a general audience.  I would recommend this book to anyone that loves comedy and enjoys learning about others' lives. 

Question of the Day:
What random thing has made you laugh in the last few days?

Beside the big ship shipping ships joke mentioned above, I got a good laugh over Justin getting stuck in his gamer chair.  It rocks back so you can rest your back, but he rocked too far and could not get back up.  Oh the simple things that make us laugh 

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a