Apple Cider Caramel Cookies

Original Recipe


Don't they just look SO delicious! This is my second try making the cookies and I honestly think they turned out much better this time around.

I promised in this post that I would share the recipe with you all and realized that I never took any good pictures of the cookies when they were done, nor any pictures of the baking process. So I had to make them again, but there were not any complaints from the peanut gallery.

What You Need:
  • 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (2 sticks)
  • 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (7.4ox) box Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Instant Original Drink Mix 
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 (14oz) Bag Kraft Caramels



Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350°.  Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt and 8 packets of the Apple Cider Mix (I tried using all 10 the last time I made them and the powder was too overwhelming).  Make sure to pour the powder slowly, otherwise it will get up your nose.  Blend until smooth.

Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, then mix in the baking soda, baking powder and flour until well blended.  Your dough should be pretty thick like your traditional sugar cookie dough.

Scoop your dough into about 1" sized balls and flatten.  Put your caramel into the middle of the dough and wrap the dough around the caramel until none of the caramel is exposed.

Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.  For some of the cookies, the caramel will leak out of the bottom - this is okay - just let the cookie cool completely before removing from the parchment paper.  This will allow the caramel to harden.

Once they have all cooled, pour yourself a glass of milk and enjoy!



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a