Christmas Cutout Cookies


These cookies are a favorite in our household! The best thing about them is you can use them for any and all occasions.  I would like to let everyone know that these cookies must be refrigerated over night so if you are looking for a quick cookie recipe, then keep on moving.  Also, because there is cream cheese in these cookies they tend to have a more bitter taste, so if cream cheese is not your thing, you might want to again try another recipe.  However, they always bake nicely and they always taste good!

What You Need:
  • 1/2 lb Butter
  • 4 oz Cream Cheese
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1 Egg Yolk
  • 3/4 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cup Flour
  • 1/2 cup Flour for rolling the dough
How to Make Them:

In a mixer, combine butter and cream cheese until smooth.  Add sugar, egg yolk and vanilla, mix well.  Blend in your flour a little at a time allowing it to be completely mixed into the dough.  (At this point the dough could be crumbly- I've never experienced this but it is possible).  Cover your bowl and chill the dough eight hours or overnight.

Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350°.  Take your extra 1/2 cup Flour and spread across your flat rolling surface and on your rolling pin.  Roll your dough until it is about 1/4" thick and cutout shapes of your desire.  I found my cookie cutters at Walmart for about $3.00.  Once you have cut out your cookies, place them on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.

Once the cookies have cooled completely have fun decorating your cookies with whatever frosting/sprinkles you deem perfect.  You can see  my decorations below!


I tried to be as creative as possible with the supplies I had, what do you think?


2 comments

  1. I will definitely have to give this recipe a try! Hope you had a Merry Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you had a Merry Christmas as well!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a