Christmas Day!

Merry Christmas Everybody! I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as Justin and I's! We started the morning off by opening up our stockings and sharing some of the smaller gifts while our cinnamon rolls cooked in the oven.  Originally I had planned on shaping the cinnamon rolls into hearts like the ones I found on Pinterest, but they did not unroll as nicely as I had hoped.  Oh well! They were still delicious! 


Frye did not seem to be too interested in the gifts that we got him; rather, he was interested in the lens cap attached to my camera.  However, I cannot seem to find almost half of the toys we bought him which means they have been played with and hidden so we cannot have them.  Such a weird cat.  

After Frye got his gifts and we ate our breakfast, Justin and I exchanged our gifts and I must say that I am SO excited at what he got me! He went to Jared! I am so excited about these earrings because they are just so beautiful! He also got me this beautiful Coach purse from the Outlet store.  He definitely spoils me!


After our gifts were exchanged and we were ready to go for the day, we packed up Frye and headed out to spend the afternoon with my family.  Frye really hates his crate and made sure to make us feel super guilty on the ride up to my parents, so Justin gave into his meowing and let him out of the crate.  This is what happens when you let your kitty out of the crate in a moving car...


A meowing kitty sitting on your lap.  He eventually just laid down on Justin's lap and took a nap, but he was not super thrilled to be in the moving car.


Dinner with my family consisted of prime rib, baked potatoes, corn, rolls and salad and everything was super delicious.  We do not eat a ton of red meat in our household, so it was treat to get the prime rib.  My mom worked super hard for the dinner and for that we are grateful (and full).  

I know that so often the focus of Christmas starts to direct its way toward the gifts and Santa, but I want to take a moment to show my gratitude for everything.  I feel so unbelievably blessed to have three families that love me no matter what (The Umphrey's, Maiuri's and Vore's).  I am blessed with a husband that puts up with my crud when he really shouldn't have to.  I feel blessed to have my health and the ability to get up each and every day.  I am so thankful for the roof over my head and the food in my stomach.  And of course, I could not forget you, the reader! I am so grateful to you for following my blog and providing me with feedback on ways I can make my blog (and my life) better.  Thank you!

From my family to yours, I hope you and your families had a very Merry Christmas and were able to enjoy the company of your loved ones and the deliciousness that happens this time of year.

Christmas Question:
What is your favorite gift you got?
What are you the most thankful for this year?

P.S. Do not forget the most important reason of the season! Happy Birthday Jesus Christ!





Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a