Healthy Baked Chicken Parmesan


Who doesn't love a good Italian meal? I know I do! Last week I was scrounging around our house to come up with a meal that I could cook quickly and that would not be too terribly unhealthy and I stumbled upon the Healthy Chicken Parmesan recipe.

What You'll Need:

  • 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  • 3/4 reduced fat mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
  • Cooking spray


Directions:
Preheat your oven to 450° F.  Lightly spray your cookie sheet with the cooking spray (If you do not want to use cooking spray, parchment paper will also suffice).

Mix your breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.  Melt the butter in another bowl (roughly 30 seconds in microwave).  Lightly cover the chicken breasts with butter.  Dip the buttered chicken breasts in the breadcrumb/Parmesan mix until thoroughly covered.  Repeat until all chicken breasts are breaded.

Place chicken breasts on cookie sheet and give each breast another spritz of the cooking spray.  Bake the breasts for 20 minute at 450° F.  Flip the breasts over and bake for another 5 minutes.

Remove the breasts from the oven and spread 1 tbsp marinara sauce over each breast and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp shredded cheese (I must note here that I had to use shredded mozzarella cheese sticks for my cheese because we did not have any shredded cheese on hand).  Bake for 5 more minute or until the cheese is melted.

Serve over noodles of your choice and enjoy!



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a