Catching Up Again - Apple Picking Fun

Hi All! This post is a post to catch up from the beginning of October.  I've been playing catch up with the blog for a while and am trying to keep going.  This post is going to be about us heading to the orchards to pick some delicious apples.


A few months ago, us girls talked about how fun it would be to make our way out to the orchard to pick some apples and pumpkins, so we started planning.  Well, this plan finally commenced a few weeks ago in early October.



A group of us met at Justin and I's apartment before heading out way down to Westview Orchards.  We picked this orchard because there was a wide variety of things to do there.  You could pick apples, pick pumpkins, see cider being made, go to the bakery and enjoy the local petting farm.




When we got to Westview, we had to go in and pay for our "bushel", which happens to be two very large plastic bags {Caroline is holding one of the pictures below}.  We also took this opportunity to buy our cider and donuts as well as any other sweets we wanted for the day. 

We quickly hopped onto the hayride which took us on a ten minute trip through the orchard where we got to see their crops.  One of the many blessings of living in Michigan is having the ability to have a wide variety of crops.  This particular orchard has strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, pumpkins and corn.  It is always nice to know that I can go out to the store and buy produce that was grown not too far from me.





Once we got into the orchard, we made our way around trying to grab a wide variety of apples because everyone had a different favorite type of apple {green, red, yellow} and we quickly filled up both of our bags.  I had to laugh at the picture of Justin in the tree getting the apple for Caroline because he usually does not get so into things when we do them.  However, he got himself up in the tree and picked several very delicious apples for Caroline and I. 

We had originally planned on getting pumpkins as well, but by the time we finished apples it was getting cloudy and we did not want to risk getting rained on while out in the Pumpkin Patch.  I am hoping that Justin will take me to pick a pumpkin this year so I can carve one {since I have not yet}.  Fingers Crossed! 


I had such a fun time apple picking this year and look forward to picking some next year! Maybe it will become a tradition like strawberry picking with his family in June.


Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a