Jason's Birthday Celebration

Hello Everyone! I hope your week is going well so far! Mine has been busy, but that is exactly how I like it.  This past weekend was filled with family and friend time {exactly how I like it} and we continued our fun weekend by celebrating my step-dad, Jason's birthday.

 

Per our family tradition, my mom cooked us a delicious dinner of pork roast, mashed potatoes, asparagus, corn and salad.  Mom mom always makes the most delicious dinners and every year she makes something super delicious.  There have been years that we have just gone out to Outback to celebrate, but I personally prefer my mom's cooking.


And of course my mom made the traditional Red Velvet Cake of Deliciousness or Waldorf Astoria Red Velvet Cake.  But I prefer Red Velvet Cake of Deliciousness.  If you have never had a cake like this, I would recommend trying one for sure.  It is a pretty complicated cake to make, but when it comes down to it, the time and energy is worth every minute.

This cake is more dense then your traditional cake and the frosting is "gritty" which is definitely an acquired taste.  Honestly, when I was younger I was never too excited to eat this cake, but now that I am an adult, I look forward to getting the cake twice a year.  


After dinner and cake, Jason opened up his presents.  Justin and I got him a One Year Pandora Subscription.  Jason travels a lot for work and is often driving long distances or travelling on planes so having Pandora Unlimited is the perfect gift for him.  My mom got him some nice shirts and  a funny sign that read. " Warning: Ammo is expensive there will be no warning shot".  This sign is perfect for Jason it is definitely good for a laugh.



After dinner, we grabbed a few pictures for Christmas cards (I really need to get those ordered).  We grabbed a few cute ones of us and the kitties, but I am not sure if I will be just doing one of Justin and me.  Once I make the decision and have mailed the cards, I will share the picture with you all! I am so excited for Christmas this year!

Question of the Day: Do you take pictures for your Christmas cards or do you do a generic card?
Typically we try to take a picture, but a few years back I made the cards myself.

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a