1st Annual Friendsgiving!

I am excited to share today's post with you! This past weekend, Justin and I hosted the very first Friendsgiving Dinner ever! I originally got the idea from PB Fingers last year and thought it could be a great way for us to get together with our friends and do a little celebrating.

This year we had a total of seven people come including Justin and me.  This turned out to be a great number because I really only had seating for 8.  Because Justin and I live in an apartment, I rearranged our living/dining room furniture and set up two five foot tables and some fold chairs to get the "long table" feel.  It worked out perfectly and we ended up leaving the living room set up that way to get ready for Christmas.  


For decorations, everyone had their one place setting which included a place mat, plates, silverware holder, name tag, mini party hat and cute leaf coaster.  I also had my mantel all decorated for Thanksgiving and I threw some fun pumpkins and confetti on the table to add a little extra fun to the table.  I made the name tags, place mats and utensil holders myself and look forward to sharing them with you in another post.


Our dinner was potluck style and everyone brought a delicious dish to pass.  Justin and I provided the turkey, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.  We also had two different green beans, corn salad, cranberry sauce and a mix of different snacks!


Once dinner was ready we all sat down at the "table" and enjoyed the wonderful company and food.  I love spending time with my friends and this was such a fun way to do it! We also grabbed a few pictures of us all around the table.  We were supposed to have 8 people, but Stephen came down with the stomach flu, so he opted to stay home and get better.



Overall our first annual Friendsgiving was amazing and I cannot wait to have it for many years to come!

Be watching out for a post with the decoration printables coming up shortly!

1 comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a