Ladies Retreat Year 3

Hello Everybody! I trust you had a wonderful Monday and your week has had a great start!

This past weekend, my mom and I made our way up to Bay City for our 3rd Annual Ladies Retreat! If you remember, last year we went to the same retreat with my mom's church; however, every year is a different location and a different theme.


This year's theme was Sweetly Filled and the weekend was filled with all kinds of fun a sweets.  

On Friday, my mom and I got up early and made our way to the salon to get pedicures.  It was so nice to get our feet rubbed and have our toes look really pretty! After the pedicures, we made our way up to Birch Run to shop around and I got myself a pair of running capris from Under Armour.  I have never really shopped at Under Armour because their clothes are so expensive, but I could not resist these cute capris that I found and just had to buy.

After shopping around for about an hour, we made our way up to the hotel to get settled in and make plans for dinner! 



I was so excited/proud of myself for packing everything I need in one bag and only having enough clothes for what I needed.  I tend to majorly over pack whenever I travel and I was able to put everything I needed for the weekend in one bag with space to spare! 

After dinner, mom and I made our way to the event for the fun to begin.  This style of retreat was less structured than last years because the ladies at my mom's church were hosting it versus a bigger group, but I really enjoyed this style because things were a bit more relaxed.



Saturday we woke up early in the morning and got ready to head down for breakfast and the first session of the day.  For each session we watched a segment of the Woman of Faith conference.  This year's speakers were Lysa TerKeurst and Sheila Walsh and they were just so wonderful.  There is nothing better than getting a good laugh while learning about some pretty awesome stuff.  My favorite topic we covered was one Lysa did about conflict.  I'm planning on sharing my notes from that with you all because it is such a powerful discussion.

After the session, we all at lunch then had the afternoon to go do whatever we wanted.  My mom and I made our way to the mall to go shopping and we ended up finding some great deals on clothes/shoes/accessories at Younkers and Marshalls.  I have been on the hunt for some good athletic gear and was very excited when I found even more good stuff at Marshalls! I ended up getting three shirts, a sports bra and a pair of leggings to wear to the gym.  I was so excited!

Plus, I came across this totally hilarious sign at Younkers.  How silly is that? 


We spent Saturday evening attending another session and playing a few rounds of Bunco.  I have never played Bunco before, but it was SO much fun! I am hoping to try and incorporate it someone in the near future for a game to play with my friends!

Sunday morning saw this beautiful sunrise as we were getting ready for the day.


After breakfast, we attended the last session for the retreat before heading home for the day.  I had such a wonderful time at the retreat (besides being sleepy) and look forward to going again next year with my mom!


Question of the Day:
What is the favorite thing you do with your mom? Any fun traditions?



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a