Top 10 Favorite Apps on My Phone

Happy Tuesday Everyone! 

How is your week going so far? Mother Nature decided to throw us through the ringer one more time and landed us with some heavy, wet, disgusting snow.  If you remember, Michigan has been having some nicer weather the last few weeks, so of course this came as a surprise to everyone when we walked outside this morning and saw the fluffy stuff on the ground.  Oh well, at least Michigan broke the record for the snowiest winter with 94.8" of snowfall.  Check that off my bucket list, haha.


That being said, today's post is dedicated entirely to my top 10 favorite apps on my iPhone (or the ones I use the most and find the most useful).

Top 10 Favorite Apps on my iPhone 
This is my iPhone today at 1:50 p.m.! Apparently I have things to check out.


Waze.  I use this app every.single.time. I travel anywhere.  It is perfect because the app is intuitive and receives several updates as you commute to and from work.  Plus, you can report things like accidents, bad weather, stopped vehicles or objects on the road.  I also have to give this app credit for almost always being within two minutes of the correct arrival time

+ Gmail App.  Obviously when you get a new phone, it comes standard with an email app, but they are often slow and do not allow you to easily move items around.  Hence, the Gmail app.  I love this app because it quickly loads and allows me to quickly organize my emails without too much angst

Facebook App.  Who does not have a Facebook App these days? Of course, I do so I obviously must have the app.  I love this app because, with all of the recent updates, the app moves quickly and is much more simply organized.  It is amazing to see how far the app has come in the last few years.

Messenger App.  A lot of people have asked me recently why I love this app, and my simple answer is because it is just easier.  Yes you can use the messaging system in the Facebook App, but that is not as easily organized and it does not always properly notify you.  The Messenger App allows you to keep things simple and organized.

WW Mobile.  I have been a part of Weight Watchers for quite a while, and I can say with 100% honesty that I find I am more successful when I use the app versus tracking on paper.  The app is easy to use and with the new "scan" function, you can quickly scan almost any food for fast tracking.  If you are a part of Weight Watchers and you have a smart phone, I would recommending checking it out.

+ SnapChat.  This app is a bit on the sillier side because all you use it for is to send pictures/short videos back and forth with your friends.  However, I have found that it can be a great tool to express emotion to your friends while talking to them because often times the emotion is lost when texting.  Plus, it allows people to see into your life without having the permanent-ness of sending them a picture because SnapChat immediately deletes the picture.

+ 5kRunner.  I recently started using this app and I am in love! For the $2.99 that you pay, I feel that you are getting your moneys worth.  The app helps train a person in such a way that they can go from the couch to running a 5k in 8 weeks.  What I love most about this app is how it tells you when to walk and when to run while allowing you to play music and work other apps as needed.

+ Poshmark.  This is another one of my favorite apps that I find myself checking daily.  It is like having your own consignment shop where you can sell your gently used clothes, shoes, accessories and other items.  The best part is there is no listing price and they handle the packing slip for you! They just take a small percentage of each sale (which I think is reasonable).  Plus, you can bargain with people on the price and you can also do trades.  If you're interested, check out my "closet" here.

+ Instagram.  Who does not have an Instagram these days? I try to use this app daily for my #jackabeedaily2014 challenge so of course I am on the app almost constantly.  What I love about Instragram is not only the chance to catch up with people, but the chance to see how creative people are.  I follow a few exciting groups like Ballerina Project & Piper Street Shop.

+ Pinterest.  Like the Facebook and Instagram apps, the Pinterest App is almost a given.  Often times I  use the Pinterest App to quickly grab samples for a project I'm working on or for a quick reference to an inspirational quote.  It is also a good app to have for when you need to kill time.


So that is a list of my Top 10 Favorite Apps on my Phone! As you can see, they are a bit all over the place, but I use them almost daily and they have come in handy on several different occasions.

Question of the Day: What is your favorite app on your phone/tablet?

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a