Edible Graduation Caps

Happy Monday Everyone! Did you have a nice weekend? We saw some wonderful weather here in the Mitten and it was just lovely!

Over the weekend I attended my cousins graduation party and my aunt asked me to make a dessert so I made my favorite grad party snack! 


Don't they look so fun! And they are delicious and super easy to make! 

What You Need: 

  • 1 Bag Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures
  • 1 Package 6 Bars Hershey's Chocolate
  • 1 Tube Icing 
  • 1 Bag Chocolate Chips


How to Make the Grad Caps:

1. Unwrap all of your Reese's cups and put them into a separate bowl.  **I should note that the cups peel better from the paper when they have been frozen for a little bit.  If they are room temperature the chocolate may stick to the paper as you peel them**

2. Break your chocolate into groups of two pieces.  Each bar has 12 individual pieces, so you will have four groups of two and four individual pieces.  They will all get used, don't worry! 


3. Take your tube of frosting and put some frosting on the Reese's cup and press firmly to pieces of chocolate.  It is possible to use melted chocolate for these instead of frosting, I just prefer the taste of the frosting with the peanut butter.



4. If you want, you can put a chocolate chip on the top of the cap to make it look more like the button for the tassel.

5. Once your caps are all assembled, put them in a freezer for about thirty minutes to set the frosting onto the chocolate.  

6. Serve and enjoy!

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite party food?



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a