Fall Recycled Wreath Tutorial

Happy Monday Everyone! I trust you had a lovely weekend and were able to do something fun and exciting!

My weekend was very low-key because I have been sick since Thursday night.  Darn this stupid infection - hopefully I'll be on the mend quickly because I still feeling terrible today.

For today's post, I'd like to share another fun Fall Tutorial with you that I tried from my Fall Decor DIY  list.  The best part of this tutorial is you recycle paper bags to make this adorable wreath!

Original tutorial found here.



What You Need:
  • 12" Foam Round
  • 3-4 Brown Paper Bags
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Scissors (or rotary cutter and mat)
  • Fall Decorations 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step One: Cut the handles of your bag off.  Then cut down the sides of the bag to open the bag up.  Once the bag is opened up - remove the bottom of the bag.



Step Two: Cut your bags into 1"-1.5" pieces.  I went with about 1.25" because it was taking a very long time to get the pieces cut out



Step Three: I got so excited about this next part that I forgot to take pictures of the process.  However, I can explain them without a picture demonstration.  

Once your strips have all been cut out, begin twisting the pieces to create a more crumpled look and begin gluing them to the wreath.  Repeat this process until the entire wreath is covered in the paper strips.  

**Note: If your bag has an writing on it, the printing will show up when you twist the paper.  If you look closely at mine, you can see where the paper is blue or green from the store's logo.



Step Four: Add fall decorations to your wreath.  I used some daisies and leave to add a pop of fall and I used this banner from FleeceFun.  It matches the bigger banner that I put on my mantel for decor.  Once I get all of my decor finished, I will make sure to share a picture of everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what did you think? It was a pretty simple wreath to make - it just took a while to glue all of the pieces onto the wreath so it was a little time consuming.

Question of the Day: What is your favorite wreath to hang throughout the year? 



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a