Show and Tell Tuesdays: Names

 

Happy Show & Tell Tuesday!  I'm linking up with Andrea today and we're discussing names. 

Names have always been something that fascinate me - why are you named that? Does your name mean anything? Where did your name come from? 

I think this fascination came from the fact that my name is significant: Jacqueline Lee Vore.  My first and middle names were passed down so of course I have always wondered if other people had the same thing with their names.


^ This is my Gramma Jackie.  Wasn't she beautiful? She aged with such grace and elegance and she was also so well put together.  Just a lovely woman that I strive to be like on a daily basis.  

My first name came from her - well technically.  Her legal name was Zelma Jackie, but she went by Jackie.  So my parents named me Jacqueline in honor of her.  Of course, I have the traditional spelling of Jacqueline, but my mom has always said that she thought Jacqueline Kennedy was the most beautiful woman, so she spelled my name the same way she spelled hers.


Of course, my parents had to pay homage to my other grandmother with my middle name Lee.  My grandmother, my mom and myself are all middle name Lee.  So essentially I am third generation middle name Lee.  And of course, when the time comes, we will pass that name down to our daughter (if we have one).

So that's my name and where it came from!


Next time on Show & Tell Tuesdays, we're showing our favorite parties!  And to see posts from the past...

Up next....


I'd love to hear from you!



Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please share your thoughts with me and I will do my best to respond ASAP!a